As I promised in my last post, here's one very easy recipe using keema(minced meat)....Keema Patties as we use to call it in India or I should say Savoury Puff Pastries with minced meat filling. It can be served as snack or as we like to have it as holiday brunch item also. Usually I cook keema a day before for this & then it's his responsibility to get these patties/puff pastries into final shape & to the table. You can use any left over keema or make fresh batch, only thing important here is, it should be totally dry & at room temperature. In case of any water in the cooked keema cook it on the high flame without any cover & keep stirring it till all the water evaporates & keema is pretty dry. Let it cool completely before using in the recipe. Following recipe will yield 4 patties.
What U need :
- 3/4 cup cooked keema(recipe here) for filling
- 1 ready-to-bake puff pastry sheet(each pack has two) thawed acc. to package direction
- Open up the pastry sheet. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 equal squares.
- Divide keema filling into 4 equal parts. Put each portion of filling into the centre of each square.
- Wet one of your finger and run it over the inside edge of pastry sheet square.
- Fold it into triangles & press gently onto the sides to seal the edges. Repeat with all the squares.
- Put it on a lightly greased baking sheet. Using a fork pierce the triangles at 3-4 places. Bake as per the package directions or at 400 degree F till the patties turn lightly golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of sauce/ ketchup/ chutney and please be careful, meat inside will be really hot & did I told U they are addictive and I really mean it.