- 1 sheet ready to bake puff pastry sheet, thawed as per package directions.
- 8 tomato slices
- around half a cup feta cheese
- handful of grated Parmesan
- 2 Tblsp. of chopped cilantro
- 2 medium size red onion, thinly sliced
- spice mix (salt + black pepper +red chilli flakes in equal portions)
- Using little evoo saute the onions till they become caramelized(brownish in color). Let them cool.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 squares. Now using a sharp paring knife score around 1 inch border on the sides of each square. Only score the border, don't cut through it, you don't want to separate it.
- Now using a fork pierce the inside square at few places may be 6-7 times, that will restrict the puffing of inside square. Do not peirce the outside square(border).
- On the inside square spread some caramelized onions, sprinkle spice mix. Sprinkle some feta cheese another sprinkle of spices. Time for 2 slices of tomatoes on each tart followed by some chopped cilantro, spices mix & finally parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake around 20-22 minutes at 425 degree F oven, until pastry is golden brown( Check your package directions for baking the pastry).
Let it cool little bit before you dig into it. Perfect for snack, weekend breakfast or anytime of the day. Before I say bye to this year I wanted to say thanks to Malar and Ashkuku for passing me an award, I'm really sorry that I'm not able to display it(some problem with picture upload). Hoping to post it with my next post, thanks once again. This is my last post of the year 2009, wish you all safe and happy New Year.