- 1/2 pound fresh cranberries( that's half bag)
- 2-3 red chillies
- 1 tsp. panch puran (it's a whole spice mix : fenugreek, mustard, kalonji, cumin & fennel)
- salt as per taste
- black pepper as per taste
- paprika 1 tsp.
- 1 Tblsp. freshly grated ginger
- around 1/3 cup sugar(I started with 1/4 cup then tasted it little bit & add more acc. to your taste)
- little oil
- water as needed
- Heat heavy bottom pan, heat oil add red chillies & panch puran, when seeds start to splutter add cranberries, mix them.
- They will leave some water, add salt, pepper, sugar & ginger, mix everything. Cover & cook on med. heat for roughly 15 min. or so.
- Keep stirring it now & then and if getting too dry add a splash of water
- Taste a little bit to check the flavours if needed add more sugar.
Note : I kept this chutney of little thick consistency, adjust it acc. to your choice. I kept it in the fridge, tasted good even after a week. Serve it with roti or spread it on the toast. It was really yummy & easy but uses a lot of sugar so I had to come up with something which I can eat without any guilt, just with the spoon & nothing else.Do check out my next post for the other version.