Bagels taking hot bath(in water) before baking :
Ready to go in the oven :
- Peel of 2 apples cut into pieces(I used red delicious)
- half apple cut into pieces(preferably granny smith but use what ever u have)
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- around 2 tsp. of chopped ginger
- salt as per taste
- black pepper as per taste
- 3-4 cloves(loung/lavang)
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- juice of half lime(if using granny smith taste the chutney before adding lime juice)
- apple juice around 1/2 cup(water can be used)
- little oil
1) Heat little oil in a pan then add mustard seeds, cloves & red chillies, let them splutter. Now add ginger, apple peel & apple. Sprinkle the salt & cook the mixture on med. heat for roughly 20 min. or so. Keep adding little bit of apple juice whenever you feel it's getting too dry.
2) Once peel & apple become soft add black pepper & cinnamon powder.cook it for a minute or so then turn off the gas & let it cool down a bit(If it's too dry splash little water or juice).
3) Once cool add lime juice and grind it using blender or food processor.