Now here's the recipe :
- 1 Tblsp. of ghee(U can use up to 2 Tblsp. or totally replace it with evoo)
- 3/4 cup chopped gur(indian jaggery)
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts(walnuts+almonds)
- 1 Tblsp. of ajwain(carom seeds) (use more or less as per your taste)
- 1 tsp. sund(dry ginger powder)
Note : this time I used pan roasted almonds & I love the taste better than plain ones. Also if preparing for post-partum diet you can double the quantity of ajwain & sund.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan on med. gas for few seconds then add gur to it & mix it.
- Once the gur is all melted add rest of the ingredients,stir it together. Turn off the heat & be careful it's gonna be really HOT don't try to taste it, it's gonna be tempting but control yourself.
- Take a baking tray or thali grease it with ghee & pour the mixture onto it & using backside of spoon spread it as evenly as u can. Once all set & cold to touch cut it into pieces. Let it cool completely before taking them out. Store it in air-tight container. No need to refrigerate it doesn't spoil use dry hands only.
Note : It's very good for new-moms, I use to snack on these after having my second one. But any one can enjoy these they not only taste good but healthy too, only problem with these goodies is to stop eating them.......they are that tasty.