- Drain rice.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, add cardamons and rice. Stir so that rice get coating of ghee.
- Add raisins, sugar, saffron along with the milk and water.
- Cover & cook the rice on medium, till all the water evaporates.
- Garnish with toasted almonds & coconut(if using).
Note : If you don't have saffron, 2-3 drops of yellow food color can be used. Also once the rice are cooked, taste them for the sweetness, if needed add more sugar while they are still warm.
Time for Awards: My first regular visitor on this blog was SE of Denufood, she was the one who passed me my very first award and here are couple of more awards from her, Thanks dear for sharing them and being so nice and regularly not only visiting but taking time out to write few lines on each single post.
1) Thank the person giving the award
2) Copy the award to your blog
3) Place a link to their blog
4) Name 7 things people don't know about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers
6) Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award
6) Not a health freak but believe everything in moderation is good.