I don't need the bread, but it's nice to do something creative
- John Goodman
- Original recipe uses 3-3 & 1/4 cup Bread flour or All purpose flour(APF), I substituted 1 cup of APF with whole wheat pastry flour & rest I used was APF.
- I used only 1 tablespoon of sugar & not 2.
- Salt 1 & 1/2 tsp.
- I also covered my bread after first 10 minutes of baking as I've noticed in my previous bakes like Challah & Biscotti that my oven brown the breads & cookies little too early so to prevent that covering it loosely with the foil is way to go.
- I used stand mixer to knead the dough at speed 2 for around 7-8 minutes.
Shaping a Loaf : Just in case if some one is new to bread making I thought these 3 steps about how to shape a loaf, will be helpful(source : KitchenAid stand mixer recipe book) :
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle, approximately 9x14 inches.
- Starting at a short end, roll the dough tightly. Pinch to seal the seam.
- Pinch the ends & turn them under. Place the dough, seam side down, in a loaf pan. Follow the directions in the recipe for rising & baking.