Most of my blogger friends must be aware of CSN giveaway going on in different blogs. CSN has wonderful collection of products, be it furniture or cookware you name it they have it. Just to get an idea what I'm talking about look at this collection of Dutch Oven, they have such a big collection. Last week I was also contacted by the wonderful CSN people regarding an option of doing review or giveaway. It was a moment of excitement for me and first thought which came to my mind was if my blog gets any kind of recognition, first credit goes to readers. Those who blog knows how much important it is for a blogger to have reader....it's like I'm talking & somebody is listening. So as a thanks to my readers I decided to do a giveaway.
2) Now comes the work part, browse through my recipes & leave a comment on this post telling me if you have to cook one dish from my blog what would that be. Again you don't have to cook but if you cook something I'll be happy to hear your review.
What U need :
- 1 large raw mango, washed, peeled, grated (about 1 cup)
- 5-6 tbsp. white sugar----check notes
- salt ( i used 1/2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder (lal mirch)
- 1 tsp. cumin powder (jeera powder)-preferably roasted
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala (optional)
- 2-3 cloves (laung)
What U do:
In a wide base steel pan/pot put grated mango & sprinkle sugar on it and stir. Let it sit overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Add rest of the ingredients & cook for around 15-20 minutes on slow to med. heat.
- Once all the water evaporates and preserve comes together turn the heat off.
- Let it cool completely before transferring it to glass jar/bottle.
Notes : here in USA the kind of raw mangoes we get are not only big in size but many a times not very sour they are more toward sweet side that's why I didn't had to use lot of sugar. It was reasonably sweet & sour for our taste & we could eat it spoonful without any thing along with it. So make sure you adjust the amount of sugar according to the sourness of mango.