- 1/2 cup chopped nuts(almond/walnut/pecan)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats(I had instant kind so I used those)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dry fruits of your choice(I used dates, prunes, apricots, raisins,candid pineapple)
- 1/2 cup cereal of your choice (I used cheerios)
For Sugar syrup :
- 1 & 1/2 tblsp. of light brown sugar
- 2 tblsp. of honey
- 2 tblsp. of water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Either grease the baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2)In a large bowl mix together rolled oats, salt & cinnamon.
3)In another bowl mix the ingredients for sugar syrup.Microwave it for 10-12 seconds, it helps in mixing sugar & honey, stir it with fork or whisk.
4)Now pour the sugar syrup over the oat mix & gently mix everything using your hands(make sure syrup is not hot), so that oats get coating of the syrup.Spread it on the baking sheet.
5)Bake it for around 10 minutes then take it out, add chopped nuts and cheerios(if using) to it and mix them using spoon/fork(it'll be hot now).
6)Bake for another 15 minutes, take it out, add chopped dry fruits, mix everything together & let it cool.
7)Once it's cool you can store it in air tight container.Or may be just start eating it, like I did.
Everybody knows granola comes under the healthy food category,to make it more healthy you can also add wheat germ to it once it's baked. And I guess by now you must have figured out why I call it Fruity Granola and not simply Granola,I used more nuts & dry fruit then Oats, and to explain the benefits of all these dry fruits I believe I have to write another post soon.