1) treating UTI(urinary tract infections)
2)reduction of Dental Plague
4)reducing the risk of heart disease
5)preventing the development of kidney stones
6) provide relief for asthma patients
Now the recipe.
- half med. size onion chopped
- 2 apples peeled & chopped( i used red delicious)
- 1/2 lb. fresh cranberries(that's half bag)
- 1 tblsp. sugar
- salt as per taste
- black pepper as per taste(optional)
- red chilli powder 1 tsp.(can be left out if making for kids)
- garam masala 1 tsp.
- ginger 2 tblsp. freshly grated
- water/apple juice 4 oz. or more
- little oil
Heat little oil in a heavy bottom pan, saute onions for 2 min. or so then add rest of the ingredients. At this point only add 4 oz. of water. Mix everything together, cover & let it cook on med. for around 15 min., stir in between.
Serve it with with your choice of bread, roti, rice, as chips dip or as a sauce for grilled meat or seafood. I enjoyed it eating just like that, with nothing.So, go and grab these fresh berries before they disappear from store shelfs. As for me, I'm gonna make little extra this time & try to freeze it for later use.
It's very healthy for kids also, with only 1 tblsp. of sugar, which infact can be replaced by honey also. Kids will surely like this fruit sauce, tangy & sweet. I would like to send this recipe to :
2) Yasmeen's Helath Nut Challenge 3 : Healing foods .
4) On Sanghi's suggestion I'm sending this cranberry chutney as well as Pineapple upside down cake for her FIL-Fruits event. I'm dedicating the cake to my DD as I love to bake for her, she love cakes and specially after eating this one she said this is the most tasty & soft vanilla cake she ever ate. And as far the cranberry chutney is concerned I dedicate it to my Mom who's the inspiration behind my cooking.